Welcome to ReportsNow
ReportsNow and DAS are here to empower your brain trust to efficiently assemble information into a centralized reporting and business intelligence tool. Some notable features you will be experiencing include best-in-class JDE integration, the ability to integrate multiple sources of data, creation of stunning interactive dashboards, training opportunities to fit all skillsets, and support at your fingertips; all of which are scalable, secure, and mobile friendly. This document will highlight all that ReportsNow has to offer while you begin your implementation.
Assistance in creating complex reports or when facing substantial backlogs
DAS Administrators should reference the following information for maximum efficiency in your DAS rollout. The ReportsNow Support team is available for technical assistance. For report writing questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selecting DAS Administrators
To best support your DAS users, we recommend that you have both a primary and backup DAS Administrator. Doing so allows ReportsNow to assist your company with support tickets, important release notes, and other needs that may require immediate attention. In the event your primary DAS Administrator is ill, on vacation, or leaves the company, it is important to have a backup Administrator.
Please provide ReportsNow with updated contact information for your DAS Admins so we may communicate any important information supporting your site installation.
Selecting Your Support Team
Industry best practices have demonstrated that putting a software support team in place maximizes return on investment, avoids end-user frustration, improves product adoption, and allows you to stay current on release levels.
Therefore, in addition to the two DAS Admins mentioned earlier, at a minimum we recommend the following members for your support team:
- A business stakeholder who is a DAS end-user. This person should be a primary point of contact. A business end-user has substantially more involvement in day-to-day activity of reporting than a DAS Admin. Consequently, the end-user will be motivated to stay in contact with ReportsNow regarding releases, upgrades, training, account management, trade shows, etc.
- A procurement or authorized contract authority related to billing and account questions.
- Super-users and/or internal help desk resources to serve as your tier-1 report-writing support to answer initial questions from DAS users before escalating to ReportsNow.
Please take the time to establish your internal support plan before rollout. Doing so ensures your DAS users know to whom they should address questions and concerns.
ReportsNow DAS Support
Your DAS Administrator and/or other key stakeholders will most likely provide you with internal processes regarding DAS, including help-related questions. Additional items that may assist you include:
- Your DAS Support Team – Start with internal help processes. This may include going to a super user, an internal help desk, a supervisor, your DAS Admin, etc.
- ReportsNow Support Portal – DAS Admins and your support team are encouraged to register on the ReportsNow Support Portal hosted on Zendesk. The portal offers a robust knowledge base containing more than 600 articles related to troubleshooting, security bulletins, general announcements, and frequently asked questions, as well as active and closed support tickets. The portal also provides access to the ReportsNow Community Forum to network and connect with the DAS community.
Note: If you have already registered for the ReportsNow Academy, your existing login there will serve as a single sign-on (SSO) for the Support Portal as well.
- Staying current on the latest DAS release – If your company maintains a paid service maintenance contract, you may upgrade to the latest DAS release for free. Check out the ReportsNow Downloads page to get the most recent release candidate or general release version of DAS. We regularly add new features based on client requests, as well as fixes.
If you are not sure if you are on a current release, sign into DAS, click Help and select About DAS from the drop-down menu to display your version and release information.
Your company may have a refresh strategy in place or require certain internal upgrade requirements before going to the latest GA release. Check with your appropriate internal contact related to such topics.
Your DAS Admin may go to our website’s ReportsNow Downloads page to download the most recent release candidate or general release version of DAS.
Still have technical questions? Create a support ticket for a technical issue in the Support Portal. The Support team will promptly contact you to help resolve your issue. Our Support hours are 7:00 am – 5:00 pm (MT). With advance notice, we also offer the option to purchase extended, off-hour support for customers who may need additional help during go-live or a data migration. For our technical support policy, please read ReportsNow Technical Support Policy.
Our flexible training options cater to your company’s needs and budget, offering a variety of packages for both new and seasoned report writers.
Contact email@example.com to schedule classes based on the options listed below:
- Instructor-led Group Classes (virtual or at your choice of location) – We highly recommend instructor-led classes to maximize retention. Our trainers use your company’s data to perform coursework, practice skills and, for onsite classes, create lab reports that may be immediately used in the JDE environment of your choosing.
- Individual Student Offerings – Our HQ Training consists of combined customer classes with either virtual or on-site offerings at our Denver headquarters location. When you have just a few individuals to train, this option is highly effective. Because multiple companies are represented in HQ sessions, this training is conducted over our demo data.
ReportsNow Academy (RNA)
The ReportsNow Academy (RNA) contains more than 800 online, self-paced videos and simulations of all basic, intermediate, and advanced content including enhancements, deep dives, and webinars. The site is continuously updated with new content related to the latest releases.
Users register and login via the Academy page. Some content is free to our customers and partners, but most is accessible via a subscription. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe. Company subscriptions offer access to an unlimited number of users with the company email domain.
- Unblocking Firewalls – Set @reportsnow.com as a recognized email domain to receive RNA registration emails in addition to all other ReportsNow distributions. Add https://reportsnow.com/ as a valid website to view RNA content.
- Valid User Email Domains – Send any valid company email domains based on your signed SLA’s to email@example.com. Only valid company email domains will be added to our domain list for access to RNA.
- Training Manuals Content – By default, Training Manual access is reserved for customers who have subscribed to RNA.
- System Admin Content – By default, RNA users are blocked from seeing Administration content. Applicable, registered users must email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to this subscription content. Provide a list of usernames authorized to access this content, and we will add that role to those users who have already registered for RNA.
RNA User Registration
- Go to the RNA Registration page and fill out the registration form. Be sure users input an authorized company email address and not a personal email address (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.).
- Follow the registration steps for either using Office 365 or individual registration. There is a help video provided for each method. Please double check your email since typos will prevent delivery of Azure authentication emails.
- Password Resets – If a user forgets their RNA password, have them go to the login screen and select Forgot Password.
- Report any issues with Reports Now Academy (RNA) to email@example.com.
- Staying Current – RNA is continually updated with new release content, net change notes, enhancements, webinars, deep dives, and more to keep DAS users current with the software via a self-paced training plan.
If a user still has questions after looking for the answer in the ReportsNow Academy, the support portal, or by talking with internal tier 1 report writing support, they may email the question to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Training team cannot assist with report design, technical bugs, or system issues. Professional Services and Support are intended for those questions.
For assistance when creating reports or facing substantial backlogs.
DAS Report Writing Support
Do you have a question about report writing or have report needs where your time would be better utilized elsewhere? Want to automate your reports or use the report writing knowledge of our consultants to speed up your learning curve? Let ReportsNow Professional Services help you.
Contact our Professional Services team at email@example.com. We offer several packages for completing reports in their entirety or developing reports side-by-side with your users in a mentoring capacity.
If your company subscribes to DAS Templates, you will have access to hundreds of default Templates (540+ pre-built reports) as a starting point to build reports without starting from scratch. Designers will notice Templates on the home DAS screen as they inquire on common JDE application names or on specific JDE tables. For Templates inquiries, or to subscribe to Templates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contracts, Billing & Sales
For contract administration, billing inquiries, and related administration follow these recommended best practices for your software rollout.
Accounting and Billing Information
- Invoices – Our invoices are submitted electronically so please verify that email@example.com is a known email account to ensure your invoices are not sent to your junk mail.
- For general billing questions and accounting contact changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Profile, Company Name or Address Changes – Please email email@example.com to request a Customer Profile form to update your account information. Once completed, please return the form to the same address.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For us to stay current with billing activities and important communications, please let us know of any company name changes, company moves, changes to main points of contact, etc.
Additional licenses, pricing, new products, and customer relationships – For additional services and products, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trade shows and user conferences – Contact email@example.com to inquire about which trade shows we may be attending. Stop by and let us say “hello!”